Fast Service When You Require It
$78 Off Any Repair*
24/7 Emergency Service at No Additional Charge
Free In-Home Estimates
Warming Your Home Safely & Efficiently
Since breaks and weaknesses in your heating system can lead to fire hazards and other safety concerns, you should alert Glenn I. Jones Home Services at the first sign of trouble. We can quickly and efficiently diagnose and correct any problems within your system, restoring your home to maximum safety and providing peace of mind to you and your family. We also offer heating repair services for businesses! We extend our Lake City HVAC services to all of Columbia County, Florida.
When deciding whether to have your heating system checked or repaired by a professional, consider the following questions:
- Has it been a long time since your heating system has been professionally serviced?
- Is your system failing to properly heat your home, no matter how high you turn the thermostat?
- Is your HVAC system making strange noises?
- Are there certain rooms in your home that are getting all heat while others remain cold or improperly heated?
- Is your heating system causing you to have excessively high energy bills?
- Are you suffering from poor indoor air quality?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be time to have a professional heating repair technician take a look at your system! Our team can provide you with a free in-home estimate, as well as any repair services you may need. Call our office at (386) 752-5389 today to schedule a visit.
Common Heating Repair Malfunctions
There are million ways the average furnace can malfunction. However, HVAC repair specialists tend to see the same few problems more often than others.
- Poor Connections: A slew of furnace problems can be attributed to poor wiring or connections. For example, sometimes the thermostat isn’t hooked up correctly or the power cord is incorrectly configured.
- Pilot Light Issues: A good pilot light is essential for natural gas, oil, and propane systems. If the pilot light has difficulty igniting, your system won’t work at all.
- Filthy Filter: The majority of furnace problems occur as a result of dirty filters. A filthy filter can cause the heater’s components to become coated in dust.
How to Avoid or Heating Repair Delay Repairs
Some repairs are inevitable. Still, you can avoid or delay many of the costliest repairs by heeding the following advice.
- Don’t Overburden Your System: Make sure that you install an appropriately sized furnace for your space. You can reduce some of the pressure on your system by installing weatherstripping, improving insulation, and sealing gaps in your ductwork. You should also avoid setting the heat too high.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance: Hiring an HVAC professional to check out your system once every fall is the best thing you can do to avoid costly repairs. A seasoned expert can identify and address small problems before they become big ones.
- Change the Filter Regularly: Again, dirty filters are the main cause of furnace failures. To cut down on repair costs, be sure to change your furnace filter at least once a month during the peak heating season. You might consider buying advanced filters that only need to be changed once every three months.